Today I’m going to share with you my latest DIY project. For Easter I wanted to try something new and unique, so I decided to jazz up my daughter’s basket with some custom creativity. I love making tutus so I created a tutu-inspired Easter basket for my little BriMonster. In addition, I drew inspiration from a few Pinterest pins and the lovely pastel colors of Spring. Below is a simple No Sew tutorial to make the tutu that will be placed around the basket. For those of you on Instagram I would love to see your baskets and be sure to tag your pictures #beesosimple so I can spot them. I hope you guys enjoy this craft and remember to have fun and create.
Tulle Fabric (I cut 6 inch strips)
Ribbon (Optional I used it to accent the handle)
Hot Glue Gun ( to secure the band of the tutu and ribbon)
No Sew Tutu Video
The Ribbon Retreat
Rattles and Heels
I can honestly say having my daughter showed me the true definition of love. In October I’ll be entering my 10 month milestone of motherhood and it has been amazing. Of course there are days when I feel I’m completely crashing and burning at this motherhood thing but then there are days that I feel I deserve the mother of the year award. This post is not meant to give any advice about being a mom, but rather show that being a mom can be a crazy emotional rollercoaster ride full of drops and turns. Just make sure to hold on tight because the thrill is different for each person 🙂
So today I’d like to share with you my top ten mommy moments.
- Seeing my baby girl for the first time
- Her first gassy smile
- Before she could crawl she would slide on her belly like a walrus across the floor
- The first time she bumped her head
- The fact I can say anything and she will crack up laughing
- Watching her interact with her dad
- Standing and clapping like a big girl
- Cuddles when she is feeling sick
- Countless hour of Jake and the Neverland Pirates (seriously I easily know the theme song by heart)
- Most of all she has given my life so much more meaning while inspiring me to work hard and enjoy every second of life.
Our words and thoughts sometimes may overwhelm us. Remember to let go of the negative and embrace the positive. If no one has told today, you are smart, beautiful, loved, importance, needed, respected, treasured, and just an amazing person.
Let’s take a moment to enjoy the beauty of headwraps.
***All Photos Courtesy of Tumblr***